The X-Sense combination smoke and carbon monoxide gas detector deliver ten years of battery life in the sealed unit, which will give you peace of mind, even if the mains power goes down.
The long battery life means that there is no need to get an electrician in to install this unit.
This alarm is suitable for both a family home and rental properties, especially if they have a fireplace or might need to operate on a generator from time to time due to mains power problems.
It has an easy to see red LED, which flashes when the alarm is activated and different audible tones depending on whether the activation is due to smoke or gas.
The audible alarm tone is louder than 85 dB and should wake people out of their sleep when needed.
This feature is especially important, given that many people die in their sleep when their home is on fire.
How easy is it to use?
With only one button to use, this X-Sense alarm is easy to test and silence if it goes off with short beeps for CO gas detection and longer ones for smoke, making it quick and easy to understand what the problem is and decide what to do about it.
How accurate is it?
Using a combination of separate photoelectric smoke and electrochemical CO sensors, it meets the standards that a sound alarm is required to support, reducing the risk of false alarms and making sure people in the home are alerted quickly.
How easy is it to install?
This X-Sense alarm comes with a mounting bracket, screws and anchor plugs, making it simple to install. Because the sealed lithium battery lasts for ten years, there is no need to get an electrician in, to install it.
More detector/alarm-related reviews and buyer’s guides: